Thanks to a friend, I got to try Cherimoya fruit for the first time. It’s nicknamed the ice cream fruit so I knew it had to be awesome! It is, and it makes an excellent smoothie too! This Cherimoya matcha smoothie is unlike anything else I’ve ever tasted. It is a must try!
There are many benefits of green tea, including being a great antioxidant. Matcha is more concentrated in antioxidants. A single cup is approximately equivalent to about 3 cups of regular green tea. (Source, time.com). Definitely a must have to keep your immunity up during the pandemic – well any time really.
Cherimoya matcha smoothie recipe
- Makes: 2 servings
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1 Cherimoya
- 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons of chopped baby spinach
- 1 small banana
- 1.5 cups of cashew milk
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime juice
- 6 strawberries
- Handful of gooseberries
- 1/4 of a cacao bar crumbled
- Tablespoon of flax seed
Slice the cherimoya in half. Scoop the creamy flesh into a blender, discarding the black seeds.
Add it and all other ingredients (minus the toppings) into a blender and purée until smoothie. Add toppings of your choice and serve immediately.
Approximate nutrition value for 1 serving (based on brands used in the recipe)
- Calories: 209 (295 with toppings)
- Fat: 4 g (7g with toppings)
- Carbs: 32.5 (42.5g with toppings)
- Protein: 17.4g (19.4g with toppings)
For more smoothie inspiration, check out my other recipes.