Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes, cook time: 15 minutes, prep time: 15 minutes (plus time to marinate)
- 2 cups of cooked spaghetti
- 2 cups of firm tofu, sliced
- 2 cups of asparagus, chopped
- 1/3 cup of cremini mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh juice from a lime
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup strained tomatoes
- 1 cup of Pinot Grigio or non-alcoholic dry white wine
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1-2 habanero peppers diced
- Whisk the wine, strained tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and peppers if you’re using them.
- Drain the tofu and slice it. Pour half of the sauce over the tofu and let it marinate in fridge for 10 minutes to 2 hours (the longer it marinates, the better it tastes).
- Cut the asparagus to the size you prefer.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package.
- Remove the marinated tofu from the fridge.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat and add the rest of the sauce.
- Place your tofu in and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add in the asparagus. Check after 5-7 minutes to see if the consistency is to your liking.
- When it is cooked, remove and serve with the spaghetti.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe) with spaghetti
- Calories: 276
- Fat: 6g
- Carbohydrates: 31.5g
- Protein: 13g