Spicy apple cinnamon chips are the snack that saved me from myself. I’ve mentioned before that I love salty snacks more than sweet ones. Probably in part because I can’t bake any desserts. I’ve weened myself off of chips, except for the occasional binge on sour cream and onion or ketchup chips. And don’t get me started on sour cream and onion rings. I don’t know what it is about those things, but the minute I see them, I can’t stop eating them until I finish the entire bag! I’m not 100% sure that they are actually made out of food, but they are just so addictive!
But I digress, and now I want sour cream and onion rings, but spicy apple cinnamon chips are great too, and so much healthier! Here’s my recipe; it’s vegan and gluten-free.
Spicy cinnamon apple chips recipe
- Makes: 2-4 servings (approximately 40 chips)
- Total Time: 1 hour and 15 minutes, Cook Time: 45 minutes to 1 hour, Prep Time: 15 minutes
- 2 large red apples, like Honeycrisps, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 to 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C).
- Core and thinly slice the apples and place them in a large bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, cinnamon and cayenne pepper.
- Gently mix the apples in with the oil and spices until they are well coated.
- Arrange the apple slices on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the apples are crispy. Flip the apples every 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
Approximate nutritional value for 1 serving based on brands and amounts used
|Nutrition for 10 chips|
|Fat: 3.5 g|
|Carbs: 12.5 g|
|Protein: 0.3 g|
If you like this recipe, check out some of my other healthy recipes.
Samantha very tempting and it’s vegan too❣️
Oooooohf, definitely adding this to my list of things to try 🤤 I’m such a nutter for cinnamon, but I need to branch out on some healthier options (my cinnamon swirl obsession is getting out of hand) 😅
Great idea for a snack
These look so good! Thanks for the recipe. I will try it out this weekend!
YUM!! I have not had those sour cream and onion rings in a long time!
These look great!
So simple, but snacks like this are just as addictive as the funny little sour cream rings! My grandkids would love these. Me too!
Cool!! I love a bit of spicy kicked in there, so I might give these a try when we’ve got some extra apples! Thanks for the recipe!