Gluten-free and vegan spiced edamame in Sambal Oelek sauce.
- Serves: 4
- Total time: 10 minutes, cook time: 8 minutes, prep time: 1-2 minutes
- 1 pound of edamame in the pods
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of Sambal Oelek or another chili or hot sauce, I use Huy Fong brand as it’s gluten-free, vegan, made in North America and kosher. Warning, it is addictive. I put this in almost everything 🙂 .
- 2 garlic cloves
- Juice from 1 lime
- Sea salt to your taste
- Boil water and add some salt. Rinse the edamame and drop them into the boiling water.
- Cook until they are tender, about 5 minutes and then drain the water.
- Heat a large pan or skillet on medium heat. Add the extra-virgin olive oil, the Sambal Oelek or chili sauce, garlic. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the edamame and the lime juice. Cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove the edamame from the pan and place into a large bowl. Add the sea salt and mix it together thoroughly.
- Serve while warm.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving of spiced edamame (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 159
- Fat: 8 g
- Carb: 9 g
- Protein: 12 g
Check out more recipes!