This is one of my favourite (favorite) vegan spaghetti dishes. I make it frequently. I found the best gluten-free noodles, Barilla. I’m not sure why it took me so long to find them! I add habanero peppers because I wanted an extra Chuck Norris punch to my dish, but they are optional. I like spicy spaghetti!
Spicy spaghetti recipe
- Makes: 6 servings
- Total time: 1 and a half hours, cook time: 1 hour and 10 minutes, prep time: 15-20 minutes – It can also be made in 30 minutes if you don’t want to simmer the sauce, just cook it on medium-high
- 12 oz (340 grams) of spaghetti noodles, brand of your choice
- 1 pound of Roma tomatoes
- 12 mini Roma tomatoes, cut in half
- 2.5 tablespoons of vegan protein powder broth, I use broth by design
- 1 cup of dry white wine or non-alcoholic wine
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 cup of fresh basil, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Optional: 2-3 habanero peppers 2 cups of low-brined olives (omit the salt if using olives)
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, onion, and garlic in a large saucepan over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Stir in Roma tomatoes and the remaining olive oil.
- Add in salt, pepper, oregano and 1/4 cup of the basil and peppers if using.
- Simmer spaghetti sauce for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. At the 20-minute mark, add in the vegan protein and some more of the basil and stir them into the sauce.
- Top with the remaining basil and olives if using.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 341
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbs: 54 g
- Protein: 12 g
For some more vegan and gluten-free recipe inspo, check out my other posts.