The first section gives a description and some examples and the second section is empty for you to fill out with your own SMART objectives.
Goal: (Sample) I will lose 20 pounds.
Specific: This is what you’re going to do to achieve your goal.
- Join a gym to work out 45 minutes a day, four days a week.
- Introduce different eating habits to reduce 300 calories a day.
Measurable: How will I know when it is accomplished?
- Each week I will weigh myself to see if I am losing weight.
- I will track progress through FitBit, myfitnesspal.com or mapmyrun.com
Achievable: Can the objectives for my goal be done and if so, how?
- Take spinning, pilates and strength training.
- Meet with nutritionist to build a healthy plan.
- Adjust program if not tracking to target.
Relevant: How does this goal help me in my life?
- Losing 20 pounds will help me improve my overall health.
Timely: Milestones achieved by the end of specified time.
- I will lose 20 pounds in six months.
Sample SMART Objective: Through a workout program consisting of 45 minutes of exercise, four days a week and changes to my diet, I will lose 20 pounds in six months. To help me achieve my goal, I will join a gym to take spinning, pilates and strength training. I will also consult a nutritionist to build a healthy plan. I will track my fitness and nutrition progress through FitBit and myfitnesspal.com and weekly weigh-ins. If I’m not hitting targets, I will revisit my workout and nutrition plan to make changes to get back on track. Based on my efforts, I will improve my overall health.
Your SMART Objective
Your SMART Objective: