Makes: 21 brownies
Total time: 1 hour and 45 minutes, chill time 1.5 hours, prep time 15 minutes
For the fudge:
- 1 1/2 cups raw smooth almond butter
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the chocolate topping:
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1.5 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt plus some for garnish
Lightly grease a standard size loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
For the fudge
- Spoon the almond butter into a large mixing bowl.
- In a small pot, add the coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt. Heat on low until the oil is melted. Slowly pour the mixture into the bowl with the almond butter, stirring as you go. Stir until completely smooth and combined.
- Spoon the almond butter mixture into the prepared pan and smooth it out. Place the uncovered in the freezer until the fudge is solid, about one hour.
For the chocolate topping
- In a small pot, add the oil and melt the oil over low heat. Remove from heat and whisk in the maple syrup, cocoa powder, and salt until it’s smooth. Let sit to thicken a little bit.
- Slice the cold slab of fudge into 1-inch squares and place on a large plate lined with parchment paper. Spoon 1 teaspoon of chocolate sauce on top of each square.
- Place back in the freezer until the chocolate is solid. Sprinkle with some sea salt, if desired.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 175
- Fat: 15g
- Carbs: 7.3g
- Protein: 4g