Total time: 45 minutes, cook time: 35 minutes, prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 1/2 cup almond or soy milk
- 1 cup puréed pumpkin or squash
- 3 large pitted dates
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- Ice if desired
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cut the stem off the squash and slice the squash in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds with a spoon.
- Sprinkle squash with a pinch of salt.
- Place squash on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Roast for 35-45 minutes, until fork tender and golden brown on the bottom. Allow to cool.
- Add all smoothie ingredients into a high speed blender and blend on high until smooth.