A balanced, healthy breakfast can keep your energy up throughout the day and also help boost your health if you eat the right things. My mixed berry smoothie bowl recipe has nutrients to help improve immunity, metabolism, heart health and digestion. It also has anti-aging properties.
A quick back story
If you’ve followed me for a while, you know I started making smoothie bowls a couple of years ago. I don’t post them as much now because I slowed down eating them to change up my breakfast routine a bit.
But it happened again, I started eating the the same things every day, a protein shake and a small amount of potatoes. I find smoothie bowls a great addition and they give me an excellent balance of protein and carbs (I need a lot of carbs during the day). You can be creative with them, and they taste great!
Mixed berry protein smoothie bowl
- 1 + 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- A scoop of vegan, gluten-free vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Clean
- Raspberries or blackberries
- Shaved coconut
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 440 (without toppings: 272)
- Fat: 6.5g (without toppings: 2g)
- Carbohydrates: 68g (without toppings: 38g)
- Protein: 28.5g (without toppings: 25g)
Check out some more of our healthy vegan and gluten-free recipes.
Stay safe and well this weekend.