Total time: 40 – 45 minutes: cook time: 30 minutes, prep time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds (900 g) cremini or button mushrooms, diced
- Handful of shiitake mushrooms
- 3/4 cup yellow onions, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped (if using dried, use 1.5 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (if using dried, use 2.5 tablespoons)
- 4 cups vegetable stock (I use Kitchen Basics brand because it’s gluten free and low sodium)
- ½-1 teaspoon each of salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of dry white wine or non-alcoholic white cooking white
- 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- Heat olive oil on medium-high heat in a large pot.
- Add in the mushrooms, stir to coat with the olive oil. Cook the mushrooms on medium-high heat until they are lightly browned and have released most of their water.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add chicken stock, minced onions, garlic, salt, pepper dried tarragon,
- Increase the heat to medium-high; bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using a hand blender, purée the soup until smooth and then return to the pot. (If the soup is too thick for you, add some water or more stock to thin the soup to the desired level of thickness.)
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the reserved cooked mushrooms.
Approximate Nutritional Information for 1 Serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories per serving: 105 calories
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbs: 5 g
- Protein: 4