I need some serious injections of caffeine today to wake up, well every day pretty much since quarantine started. I wanted to be a little creative with it, so I put coffee in a smoothie bowl…it’s like a jolt of awesomeness. The smoothie bowl is also full of healthy things to support improved metabolism and weight loss, digestion, heart health and better immunity.
Coffee and cashew smoothie bowl recipe
- Makes: 1 serving
- Total time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked a minimum of six hours (soaking nuts helps to digest them better)
- 1/2 banana, peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup coffee, cooled
- 1 cup almond milk
- Teaspoon of chia seeds
- Teaspoon of slivered coconut
- Handful of blackberries
- Handful of cranberries
- A few almonds chopped
- A couple of cherries
- A couple of strawberries cut in half
- Optional: Mint for garnish
Add all ingredients minus the toppings and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional information for 1 serving (based on brands used in the recipe)
- Calories: 596 (without toppings: 369)
- Fat: 26.5g (without toppings: 22 g)
- Carbohydrates: 65g (without toppings: 42g)
- Protein: 47g (without toppings: 40g)
For more smoothie bowl inspo, check out some of my other recipes.
smoothie looks fabulous! I love using nuts and chia seeds in my diet! thanks for sharing!
check out my blog too !
This looks great!
This looks so amazing!
This look so good!
I just love smoothie bowls…They are my go to breakfast. This one looks delicious! 🙂
It look and sounds delicious