Makes: 4 Servings
Total Time: 1 hour-1.5 hours, 45 minutes cook time (depending on the rice you use), 25 minutes prep time
- 2 cups cooked short-grain rice (brown, arborio, black, etc.)
- Chopped vegetables (cucumbers, carrots, cabbage, avocado, radishes, sprouts, etc.)
- 1 diced mango
- 400 g (or 1 package) of extra-firm tofu
- 2-3 scallions, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- Chopped cilantro
- Spicy Tahini Sauce (recipe below)
- Cook rice according to package directions. Once cooked, place approximately 1/2 cup in the bottom of a bowl.
- Cut tofu into cubes, and cook with 1 teaspoon Sesame oil along with 1 tablespoon tamari sauce. (San J brand is gluten free, vegan and GMO free). After cooking, spritz with a slice of lime juice. Add to top of rice.
- Top with chopped vegetables and mango.
- Garnish with sliced scallions, a sprinkling of sesame seeds, cilantro and tahini sauce.
- 1/4 cup tahini
- Juice of half a lemon or 3 tablespoons of cider vinegar
- 2-3 teaspoon hot sauce (use any brand without fish or seafood sauce, most chili paste contain one or the other)
- Pinch of salt
Place all ingredients in a bowl and stir. Add water if sauce is too thick.
Approximate Nutritional Information for 1 Serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 431
- Fat: 43g
- Carbs: 46g
- Protein: 19g