We are in the middle of a heatwave in Toronto. Thursday was so humid, I could barely move, let alone do much else. Today is supposed to be slightly cooler, but still above average temperature. I’ll keep this post short and sweet – just like this mango lime smoothie (yes it’s still pretty sweet, even with the lime). I find this smoothie tasty, refreshing and surprisingly filling. This vegan mango lime smoothie is perfect for a summer’s day – especially if you’re in the middle of a heatwave!
Mango Lime Smoothie Recipe
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk (or soy or light coconut milk if you cannot use almond)
- 1 mango, cubed, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries, if using fresh strawberries, add some ice when blending the smoothie
- 1/2 scoop (22 g) of vanilla protein powder (or 3 tablespoons of organic vanilla bean powder). I use Vega brand currently.
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Drink immediately.
Approximate nutritional value based on brands and amounts used
|Nutrition without toppings|
|Fat: 5.6 g|
|Carbs: 32.9 g|
|Protein: 18 g|
For more smoothies, check out some more of my recipes.