Makes: 4 servings
Total time: 30 minutes, cook time: 20 minutes, prep time: 10 minutes (if marinating the meat, add in sitting time for the marinade)
- 1 pound extra-lean ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 3/4 cup of low-sodium gluten-free chicken stock, I use Kitchen Basics brand
- 3 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce, I use Tamari brand
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 cup shredded kale
- 1-2 chili peppers, diced
- I suggest marinating the meat with some of all the ingredients for a minimum of an hour ahead of time.
- Cook rice according to package.
- Heat oil over medium high heat in a large saucepan.
- Add the ground turkey, garlic, balsamic vinegar and ginger. Brown until turkey is fully cooked.
- Add the vegetables. Cook until vegetables are just tender, about 4-5 minutes. Add the soy sauce. Cook for 1 minute.
- Taste and season with additional ingredients if needed.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 410
- Fat: 9.5g
- Carb: 45g
- Protein: 35g