Gluten-free and vegan cauliflower wings for the win!
- Makes: 2 servings
- Total time: 25 minutes, cook time: 10 minutes, prep time: 10-15 minutes
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup of hot sauce, I use Portugallo Flaming Hot
Ingredients for the harissa paste
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil (for sautéing)
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 3 hot red chilis, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Chop the cauliflower head into small florets and place them in a bowl.
- Place all the ingredients, including 1/2 of the basil, parsley or coriander, into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the marinade to the cauliflower and toss to coat them evenly.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F
- Put the marinated cauliflower florets in a baking dish.
- Add the cauliflower to the heated oven and bake until cooked through, about 25-30 minutes depending on your oven. Turn them over at the 15-minute mark.
- Take them out of the oven and garnish with parsley or coriander.
- Add more sauce if it’s not saucy enough.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 244
- Fat: 4 g
- Carbs: 26.5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g