It’s daylight savings time in parts of the world, and I’m going to be feeling the effects of the lost hour for days! I am hoping the vanilla latte smoothie recipe can help. I don’t sleep a lot; I mention it often. Caffeine gets me going most mornings. This morning, I decided to combine my need for caffeine and food into one smoothie (it can be made with decaf too).
Some health benefits of the ingredients in this smoothie include boosted immunity, and improved heart and digestive health. Have a wonderful day and weekend!!
This gluten-free, vegan vanilla latte smoothie recipe is a winner!
Vanilla latte smoothie recipe
- 1 cup of cold almond milk
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- An espresso shot or 1/2 cup of cooled coffee with 1/4 cup almond milk to mimic espresso (or decaf)
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- A medium-sized banana, cut up in chunks
- 1 scoop of vanilla vegan protein powder – I use Vega brand because it’s gluten-free, vegan and GMO-free
- Shaved coconut
- Gluten-free granola
- Sunflower seeds
- Sprinkle with cinnamon
- Add all ingredients minus the toppings into a blender and puree until smooth.
- Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 326
- Fat: 10.4g
- Carbs: 29.8g
- Protein: 32.5g
For some more breakfast inspiration, check out some of my other recipes.