It’s been raining off and on in Toronto over the last few days. So, what better way to bring in some sunshine for Friday and the weekend than a summertime smoothie! This coconut mango and banana smoothie is gluten-free and vegan. It’s also delicious – well it is to me. I love mango, so any dish with it tastes good to me!
Coconut banana mango smoothie recipe
- Makes: 1 large serving or 2 small servings
- Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 frozen banana, sliced, if using a fresh banana, add some ice when blending the smoothie
- 1 teaspoon of coconut extract (can omit if you don’t have any)
- 1/2 of a mango, peeled, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup of water
- One-half cup of light coconut milk
- 1/2 scoop (22 g) of vanilla protein powder (or 3 tablespoons of organic vanilla bean powder). I use Vega brand.
- 1/2 teaspoon of lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Drink immediately.
Approximate nutritional value based on brands and amounts used
|Nutrition without toppings|
|Fat: 8.8 g|
|Carbs: 39.9 g|
|Protein: 18.2 g|
For some more gluten-free and vegan recipe inspiration, check out some of my other posts.