Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes, cook time: 15 minutes, prep time: 15 minutes (plus time to marinate)
- 2 cups of cooked spaghetti
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups of asparagus, chopped
- 1/3 cup of cremini mushrooms, sliced or diced
- 1 tablespoon of fresh juice from a lime
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion chopped or sliced
- 1/3 cup strained tomatoes
- 1 cup of Pinot Grigio or non-alcoholic dry white wine
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: 1-2 habanero peppers diced, a handful of cherry tomatoes
Directions for chicken
- Whisk the wine, strained tomatoes, onion, garlic, salt, pepper and peppers if you’re using them.
- Wash the chicken and chop or slice it in half. Pour half of the sauce over the chicken and let it marinate in fridge for a minimum of 2 hours up to 24 hours (the longer it marinates, the better it tastes).
- Cut the asparagus to the size you prefer.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package.
- Remove the marinated chicken from the fridge.
- Heat a large pan on medium-high heat and add the rest of the sauce.
- Place your chicken in and cook for 10 minutes (depending on the size of your chicken pieces).
- Add in the asparagus. Check after 5-7 minutes to see how much more time it needs.
- When the chicken is cooked, remove it and the asparagus and serve with the spaghetti.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe) with spaghetti
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 7.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Protein: 32g