Gluten-free and vegan cacao sauce recipe
Total time: 7 mins
Serving: 1 cup
- 135 ml water
- 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 tablespoons minced cocoa butter
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- Add water, maple syrup, cocoa powder, cocoa butter and salt to a small saucepan and whisk ingredients together.
- Bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat slightly and cook on medium-low heat for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Taste and adjust the flavor as needed.
- Use right away or let cool completely and then store in a jar in the fridge.
Approximate nutritional value for 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 28.5
- Fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrates: 5.4g
- Protein: 1g