Blistered Shishito peppers recipe
Makes: 4 servings
Total time: 10-15 minutes, cook time: 10-12, prep time: 2 minutes
Note: Depending on the time of year, these can get very hot.
- 1 pound (16 ounces) Shishito peppers (also known as Padron peppers)
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil or sesame oil
- Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat until the pan is hot. Add the peppers when it’s hot and turn occasionally.
- Add a few slices of lemon after a minute, turning occasionally. Cook until the peppers begin to blister; about 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil. Squeeze more lemon, and sprinkle with salt and the sesame seeds if you’re using them.
- Serve immediately.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 131.5 (144.5 with sesame seeds)
- Fat: 10g (11g with sesame seeds)
- Carb: 9g (9.5g with sesame seeds)
- Protein: 2.5g (2.75g with sesame seeds)
Find more of our gluten-free and vegan recipes.