We’re in some extremely difficult and unique times. I don’t think any one of us will look back at 2020 and say “it felt like any other year”. With all that’s going on, it’s important to pause and take time to “be kind to yourself.”
It’s so important to treat yourself well. Even though it’s easy to forget with all that is going on right now, in highly stressful times, you need to treat yourself fabulously.
- Give yourself a kind word
- Treat yourself to an at home spa day
- Wake up in the morning and say something positive about yourself
- Go out for a stress relieving walk and take in some of the beauty of your neighbourhood
- Take five to ten minutes to meditate or deep breathe
Take photos of your walk or of some of the things you do for yourself to give yourself good memories. If you do something that you want to remember, write about it or photograph it and post it (unless it’s personal to you). Your post may motivate someone else! Or, if it’s something you just want to keep to yourself, remember to bring it out every now and then when you need a boost. It can remind you of something positive.
These are just a few tips to help you be kind to yourself. Do you have any others?
If you’re looking for some positivity boosters, check out some of my other posts.