Personally, I’m a fan of apples that are sweet. Sour apples take me longer to eat, and mixing them with other non-sweet things, would take me forever to finish. But, I like to experiment with food and figure out combinations that work. So, the surprise in this bowl (to me) is it was delicious! My apple spinach smoothie is an enjoyable blend of healthy greens and the right apples.
Apple spinach smoothie bowl
- Makes: 2 servings
- Total time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1-2 sweet or semi sweet red apples or a combination of both, peeled and cut into squares (McIntosh, Red Delicious, Snow or Honeycrisp are all good)
- 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 scoop of vegan protein powder, I use Vega Sport because of the amount of protein
Toppings of your choice. These are the ones I used:
- 1 kiwi cut in half
- Handful or tablespoon of shaved, slivered or chopped coconut
- Handful of Blueberries
- 2 teaspoons of maize seeds of if you’re not vegan, bee pollen
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and enjoy!
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 442 (without toppings: 264)
- Fat: 6.5g (without toppings: 2.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 58g (without toppings: 35g)
- Protein: 24g (without toppings: 33g)
If you need some more breakfast inspiration, check out some of my other recipes.
It looks so healthy and good
Wow! Great one
Your smoothies are always so tasty looking
It looks so good!
This looks so delicious!