I’ve loved ginger since I was a kid. The smell, the taste and how it made my tummy feel good. I still feel that way about it, including using the word tummy! So, today I thought what better way to spruce up a spinach smoothie than by adding ginger and some pear (the two go together amazingly). I am pleased with the results, and if you try it, I hope you are too! Just one of the ingredients in this spinach ginger smoothie bowl helps to support healthy skin, hair and bones, as well as healthy digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease.
Spinach ginger smoothie bowl with pear and banana
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of almond milk
- 1 cup of spinach
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 pear
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Sport
- 1/4 tablespoon hemp or flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of blueberries
- Tablespoon shaved coconut
- Tablespoon of gluten-free granola
- 1 kiwi
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Add the toppings and serve immediately.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands and quantities used in the recipe)
- Calories: 492 (without toppings: 244)
- Fat: 8g (without toppings: 2.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 68g (without toppings: 35g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)
Check out some more of my smoothies if you’re looking for some breakfast inspiration.