Miracle worker in a glass.
I made a peachy-keen miracle worker in a bowl. This peach quinoa smoothie is just as good for you health-wise. It’s a miracle worker because it can help What else is there to say about a smoothie bowl that can help you with tissue growth and repairs, intestinal health, immunity and has anti-aging properties? These health benefits come from just the quinoa!
I am glad I added quinoa to this smoothie. Not just for the health benefits, but it also adds a unique flavour to a traditional smoothie. As usual, my smoothie is gluten[free and vegan.
Peach and quinoa smoothie bowl recipe
Makes: 1 serving
Total time: 15-20 minutes, 10-15 minutes to cook quinoa, 5 minutes to for the rest of the bowl (add in sitting time for quinoa)
- 2 ripe peaches, quartered, pits removed
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, or dairy-free milk of your choice
- Cook the quinoa according to the package and allow it to cool.
- Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 12.5g
- Carbohydrates: 42 g
- Protein: 12g
For more smoothie inspiration, check out my other recipes.