Well, I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, I can’t bake dessert.
I believe baking apples kind of counts so here is my attempt at baked dessert! It’s as easy as…the easy part of making pie!
- Makes: 4 servings
- Total time: 30 -40 minutes, Cook time: 20-30 minutes, Prep time: 10 minutes
- 4 medium sweet apples, cored and cut in half
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 40 raisins, 5 for the center of each half, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat the coconut oil, over the stove or in a microwave until it’s liquid.
- Core and cut the apples in half.
- Chop the raisins.
- Put the apples in a small to medium baking dish.
- Mix the melted coconut oil with the cinnamon and nutmeg and put it on the apples.
- Toss well to coat all the apples evenly with the mixture. Add the raisins to the center of each apple.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the apples are soft, about 20-30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 142.1
- Fat: 3.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.8 g
- Protein: 0.7 g