Since holiday season is in swing, what better than a detox smoothie to balance out indulgences?
Some of the best natural detox foods are bananas, lemon, turmeric, kiwi, and oats or quinoa.
My smoothie bowl recipe combines many of these ingredients to help you detox. The toppings are optional, especially depending on how much support you may need, time may be of the essence, so just dump the food in a blender and go!
Super detox and hangover cure smoothie bowl
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, I use Vega, it’s vegan, gluten-free and GMO-free
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Optional: 1/4 cup of coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 kiwi , sliced
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free or regular oats
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands used in this recipe)
- Calories: 540 (without toppings: 372)
- Fat: 17 g (without toppings: 13 g)
- Carbohydrates: 66g (without toppings: 50g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)