As usual, I’ve been working crazy and need to cook quick meals! My recipe for maple tofu, spinach and rice is quick, delicious and healthy! I am incorporating maple syrup into everything these days. Some of the health benefits of this recipe include improved blood pressure, cholesterol, and immunity, and it can help reduce stress.
Makes: 4 servings
Total time: 25 minutes, cook time: 15 minutes, prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 cup of basmati rice
- 540g of extra-firm tofu
- 3 bunches of spinach, chopped
- 3 large tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons of mustard seed paste, minced
- 1.5 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 habanero pepper, diced
- Cook the rice according to the package.
- Heat oil in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add the tomatoes, maple sryup, onion and garlic and cook until they are soft.
- Add spinach and tofu and toss until thoroughly mixed with the tomatoes. Cook for 5 minutes then add remaining ingredients.
- Increase to high heat and let cook for a few minutes. Stir frequently to ensure even cooking.
- When all the water is gone, and the spinach is dark green, it’s finished.
- Serve with the rice.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 296
- Fat: 8g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Protein: 18g