Deliciousness in a glass!
I’ve been back on a matcha latte kick lately so I decided to test out a new smoothie. I really enjoyed it so I thought I would share the recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did (but then again, I used maple syrup in it so, it’s an automatic win with me!).
Matcha green tea chia pudding smoothie recipe
- Servings: 1
- Total time: 5 minutes, plus sitting time
- 1/4 cup of chia seeds
- 1 1/2 cups of unsweetened cashew milk
- 5 teaspoons of matcha green tea powder
- 5 to 2 teaspoons of pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons of hot water
- Optional toppings: banana, raspberry and mint
- Add chia seeds and cashew milk in a bowl and stir to mix.
- In a small bowl, whisk the hot water with the matcha powder until smooth. (It prevents clumping).
- Add the matcha mixture, maple syrup to the chia seed mixture and stir. Place it in the fridge and let it sit overnight, or for a minimum of two hours.
- Top with optional toppings if using
Approximate nutritional value for 1 cup based on brands used in this recipe
- Calories: 191.5 (194 with toppings)
- Fat: 8 g (10.9 g with toppings)
- Carbs: 24.5 g (26.5 g with toppings)
- Protein: 5 g (5 g with toppings)