I love harissa; I think I’ve mentioned it before (maybe a few times!) It makes everything taste better. This recipe is low calorie and a good balance of protein and carb.
Makes: 4 servings
Total time: 30-35 minutes + chilling time (longer if you’re making your own harissa paste) , 20-25 minutes cooking time, 10 minutes prep time
- 540g of extra-firm tofu, sliced
- 2 tablespoons of harissa paste, buy it or you can make my recipe
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
Ingredients for tabbouleh
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well and then cooked and cooled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt plus more to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chicken stock or vegetable stock (I use this to cut down on oil)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 large English cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 bunch green onions, diced
- Cook the quinoa for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is tender and let it cool in a bowl.
- Once it’s cool, add the tabbouleh ingredients to the bowl and toss thoroughly to coat the quinoa. Put in the fridge to chill.
- While the tabbouleh is chilling, heat a pan over low-medium heat. Add the sunflower oil, harissa, spices, and tofu.
- Stir the tofu until coated in the spices and harissa. Turn a few times for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Serve the tofu with the chilled quinoa.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size
- Calories: 209
- Fat: 7.4g
- Carbohydrates: 36g
- Protein: 18g