I would like to thank Salted Carmel (awesome blog name and blog!) very much for nominating me for a Sunshine Blogger Award! It means a lot to me, especially since I’ve had to cut down on blogging the last few months and can barely keep my head above water some days it seems.
Here are my answers to the questions she posed to me
- WHAT DO YOU LIKE BEST ABOUT BLOGGING? I love the community. People are really supportive I find on WordPress.
- WHAT DO YOU FIND MOST IRKSOME? It’s more me I’m irked with; I wish I had more time again to read and write. I look forward to getting back to a place where I can do it!
- DO YOU THINK BLOGS WILL STILL BE AROUND IN TEN YEARS’ TIME? I think in some form they will be; people need an outlet to write, and it allows anyone to share without needing a publisher. I’m glad they are around and hope they do continue.
- WHAT BOOK / BOOKS INSPIRED YOU THE MOST? As a child, “Are You There God, It’s Me Margaret” and “Deenie” both by Judy Blume… probably any one of her books. She inspired me to write. Margaret Atwood’s “Edible Woman” is another. Her writing style inspired another iteration of my stories. She is such a talented writer. I had a teacher dismiss her work as “feminist tripe” after I did a book report on “A Handmaid’s Tale,” so I became an even bigger fan of hers after that!
- DO YOU HAVE ONLY ONE BLOG? IF SO, HAVE YOU THOUGHT OF STARTING ANOTHER BLOG? Art is the only blog I have; but I also have a monthly fashion, skincare and travel magazine I launched last month for an online store my friend and I opened in September. The magazine is called Style Adventure.
- IF YOU WERE TO START BLOGGING ALL OVER AGAIN TODAY, WHAT IS THE ONE THING THAT YOU WOULD DO DIFFERENTLY? I don’t think I would do anything differently. But that is right now – next week could be a different story!
- WHAT IN YOUR EXPERIENCE IS THE BEST METHOD OF BLOG PROMOTION? I found it to be Instagram for the longest time for me, but then I stopped getting any traffic from it, so I shut down the account. I spend a lot of time crafting content and imagery for Instagram, so it helped me take back some time! Now it’s Pinterest, which surprised me.
- WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE MOVIE GENRE? Horror (but only cheesy horror movies from the 1950s–early 2000s), ridiculous comedies (Ball of Fury, Dodgeball…these rank high for me!) or old musicals, anything with Rita Hayworth or Marilyn Monroe.
- WHAT IS YOUR BLOGGING NICHE AND HOW IMPORTANT DO YOU THINK IT IS FOR A BLOG TO BE NICHE SPECIFIC? I guess it would be wellness! I try to post about things I do that make me healthier and happier mentally and physically, so sometimes it’s a little all over the place. I think when you do have a niche, you can grow an engaged audience. Where the way I do it, some people like some topics and some come in for others. I like the variety though!
- WHAT ARE YOUR CRITERIA OF A SUCCESSFUL BLOG? Personally, I am happy if one person takes something away or provides me with information I take away. I’ve learned a lot from reading others’ posts and in comments on my own posts that it has been amazing. I started this for my niece based off of a book I wrote for her to let her know women can be and do anything. So, I think I’m successful because she is so happy that I dedicated a blog to her!
- WHICH BLOG POST DO YOU THINK IS MOST REPRESENTATIVE OF YOUR BLOG? PLEASE ADD A LINK. Positivity is contagious, so pass it on!
Thank you kindly again for the nomination! I had a lot of fun answering your questions!