Sometimes we need to cleanse to get our bodies back in balance, like say after a late night out. Yes, I’m talking to myself. I totally need this today! Cleanses or choosing detoxifying foods are a couple of ways to do it. Some of the best natural detox foods are bananas, lemon, turmeric, kiwi, coconut milk or water, and oats or quinoa. Coconut and banana are also good hangover cures.
My smoothie bowl recipe combines some of these ingredients with some super foods to cleanse and also help to cure hangovers, improve skin, immunity and heart health. Is this the greatest invention ever? Maybe!
Super food smoothie recipe
Makes: 2 servings
Total time: 5 minutes
- 2 cups of almond milk
- 3 ripe bananas, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons of cacao nibs
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder, I use Vega sport, vegan powder
- 2 large pinches of sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- Handful of goji berries
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands and quantities used in the recipe)
- Calories: 542 (without toppings: 374)
- Fat: 18 g (without toppings: 13 g)
- Carbohydrates: 65g (without toppings: 49g)
- Protein: 41g (without toppings: 37g)