Happy last day of August and Labor Day Weekend in Canada and the USA! Just a quick announcement that I’m going to be changing my posting schedule to once a week starting next week based on my work load.
I’ll keep this post short and sweet – just like this mango lime smoothie (yes it’s still pretty sweet, even with the lime). Summer is winding down but it doesn’t have to feel like it. I find this smoothie tasty, refreshing and surprisingly filling.
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk (or soy or light coconut milk if you cannot use almond)
- 1 mango, cubed, frozen or fresh
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries, if using fresh strawberries, add some ice when blending the smoothie
- 1/2 scoop (22 g) of vanilla protein powder (or 3 tablespoons of organic vanilla bean powder)
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Drink immediately.
Approximate nutritional value based on brands and amounts used
|Nutrition without toppings|
|Fat: 5.6 g|
|Carbs: 32.9 g|
|Protein: 18 g|