A balanced, healthy breakfast can keep your energy up throughout the day and also help boost your health if you eat the right things. I started making smoothie bowls late last year and only on weekends right now. I was trying to change up my breakfast because I ate the same two things every day, a protein shake and a small amount of potatoes, or a smoothie. I find smoothie bowls a great addition and they give me an excellent balance of protein and carbs (I need a lot of carbs during the day). You can be creative with them, and they taste great!
My mixed berry smoothie bowl recipe has nutrients to help improve immunity, metabolism, heart health and digestion. It also has anti-aging properties. The health benefits and nutrition are listed below the recipe.
Mixed berry protein smoothie bowl
- 1 + 1/2 cups frozen strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/4-1/2 cup water
- 1 scoop vegan, gluten-free vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Clean
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 1/4 cup pomegranates or currants
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 440 (without toppings: 272)
- Fat: 6.5g (without toppings: 2g)
- Carbohydrates: 68g (without toppings: 38g)
- Protein: 28.5g (without toppings: 25g)