I want to start off by wishing everyone a wonderful weekend! This peach and quinoa smoothie is an awesome way to start one of your mornings, any day of the week!
Peach quinoa smoothie
Makes: 2 servings
Total time: 5 minutes, plus quinoa cooking and cooling time (approximately 20 minutes)
- 1 cup of vanilla almond milk (or soy or light coconut milk if you cannot use almond)
- 1 large ripe peach, quartered, pits removed
- 1/4 cup of cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1/2 scoop (22 g) vegan vanilla protein powder (or 3 tablespoons of organic vanilla bean powder)
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of pure maple syrup
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Drink immediately.
Approximate nutritional value based on brands and amounts used
|Fat: 3.4 g|
|Carbs: 47.3 g|
|Protein: 20 g|