I’m all about salads; I got it from my dad. He made the best dressing ever. I try different things with salads every now and then to change it up. Vegetable stuffed zucchini is easy to make, low-calorie, vegan, gluten-free and very delicious!
Makes: 4 servings
Total Time: 30 minutes, cook time: 20 minutes, prep time: 10 minutes
- 2 medium zucchini, halved
- 1 cup of bell peppers (any color), chopped
- 1 tomato, sliced into four parts
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: additional basil for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash the zucchini and slice off each end.
- Halve each zucchini and scrape out the pulp using a spoon.
- Wash and chop the peppers.
- Wash the tomato and slice the ends off, and slice the remaining tomato into four parts.
- Coarsely chop the pulp and transfer it to a bowl.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet sprayed lightly with cooking spray and bake for 10 minutes.
- While the zucchini’s baking, add the olive oil, basil, parsley, garlic, onion, chopped peppers, tomato slices and chopped zucchini pulp. Stir well to coat.
- Stuff each zucchini with the mixture, except for the tomatoes.
- Add one tomato to the top of each zucchini and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Let cool and then serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 60
- Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Protein: 1.2g