Happy Valentine’s Day whether you’re celebrating alone, with someone else, family or friends! Red is my favorite color, so I decided to make a Valentine’s Day smoothie … that’s amazing anytime!
What’s the surprise you ask? I’m not good at surprises, so it’s pure maple syrup!
Why maple syrup? It’s not just because I’m Canadian, and maple syrup may be in my blood – it’s also awesome. It’s lower on the glycemic index and improves immunity, heart health, digestion, and helps to lower skin inflammation, redness, blemishes, and dryness.
Laziness usually kicks in during the week when it comes to breakfast, so this is one of the easiest smoothie bowls I’ve made. It’s also yummy and high in protein, so it’s a triple win for me!
- 1 cup of fresh or frozen strawberries, if using fresh, add ice when blending
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder, I use Vega Sport
- 1/2 cup of light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup of coconut water
- 1 teaspoon of natural maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons of light coconut milk
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- Mint leaves
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 354.6 with toppings /323.8 without toppings
- Fat: 12.2g with toppings /10.5g without toppings
- Carbohydrates: 28.3g with toppings /24.8g without toppings
- Protein: 33.7g with toppings /33g without toppings