I love rooibos tea. I drink it every day or hot water when I want to replace coffee. I used to make a rooibos smoothie, so I decided to add some ingredients and turn it into a smoothie bowl. Toronto’s currently in and out of a deep freeze; I literally couldn’t feel my face a few times in the last week. Needless to say, a smoothie bowl wasn’t my first thought for breakfast this morning, but sometimes it just hits the spot.
Rooibos health benefits are abundant. It can help improve headaches, insomnia, asthma, eczema, bone weakness, hypertension, allergies, and premature aging. The full nutrition and health benefits in this recipe are listed after the directions.
Blueberry rooibos smoothie bowl
- Makes: 1 serving
- Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups green rooibos tea, steeped and chilled
- 1/2 banana
- 1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I use Vega brand
- 1/2 banana
- 2-3 figs
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands used in this recipe)
- Calories: 482 (without toppings: 270)
- Fat: 7.5g (without toppings: 2.5g)
- Carbohydrates: 70g (without toppings: 38g)
- Protein: 29g (without toppings: 25g)