Happy New Year! This will be the last post until 2018. As much as we don’t want to admit it, some of us will need a type of “refreshing” the day after New Year’s Eve. Or maybe you just want to start the year off with a good detox. A few of the ultimate natural hangover cure foods are coconut (because coconut is amazing for everything!) and bananas for potassium to regulate your water levels, ginger, watermelon, coffee, and nuts.
Some of the best natural detox foods are bananas, lemon, turmeric, kiwi, and oats or quinoa.
My smoothie bowl recipe combines many of these ingredients to help you cure your hangover and detox at the same time. Is this the greatest invention ever; only time will tell! The toppings are optional, especially depending on how much support you may need, time may be of the essence, so just dump the food in a blender and go!
Super detox and hangover cure smoothie bowl
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 cup quinoa cooked
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- Optional: 1/4 cup of coffee, cooled
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/2 kiwi , sliced
- 1/2 banana, chopped
- 1/2 mango, chopped
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free or regular oats
- 1 tablespoon goji berries
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands used in this recipe)
- Calories: 540 (without toppings: 372)
- Fat: 17 g (without toppings: 13 g)
- Carbohydrates: 66g (without toppings: 50g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)