Sometimes after a weekend – especially a long weekend for those of you in the USA that had one (super jealous by the way!) – a detox is needed. What better way to do it than with a smoothie? Well there are lots of ways, but this one is quick and easy!
It’s yummy on top of it and full of healthy things to support digestion, weight loss, heart health and boost immunity.
Detox smoothie bowl recipe
- Makes: 1 serving
- Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 cup organic spinach or kale
- 1/2 cup bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 scoop of
- 1 tablespoon flax seed
- 1 cup of unsweetened orange juice
- Some raspberries
- Tablespoon of shaved coconut
- Some cashews
- Tablespoon of pomegranate seeds
- Tablespoon of chia seeds
- Tablespoon cacao nibs
- Mint leaves to garnish
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands used in this recipe)
- Calories: 540 (without toppings: 372)
- Fat: 17 g (without toppings: 13 g)
- Carbohydrates: 66g (without toppings: 50g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)