The only thing I may like more than chocolate and banana together is peanut butter and banana so I think I have my next smoothie bowl idea. I’m really lazy this morning after attending an anniversary party last night and can’t think of a snazzy intro. I’m quite surprised I even thought of the word chocotastic, even though I’m sure I heard it a million times.
Some of the health benefits of this recipe include helping with digestion, weight loss and muscle and nerve functioning.
Chocolate banana smoothie bowl recipe
- Makes: 2 servings
- Total time: 10 minutes
- 2 cups of vanilla almond milk
- 2 ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 scoops of chocolate protein powder, I use Vega Sport plant-based protein
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 1 small banana sliced
- 1/4 of a cacao bar, I use Equal Exchange’s Organic Very Dark Chocolate, it’s vegan, Kosher and soy-free
- Mint to garnish
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 507 (without toppings: 343)
- Fat: 15g (without toppings: 2g)
- Carbohydrates: 72g (without toppings: 56 g)
- Protein: 35g (without toppings: 30 g)