It was a lazy morning when I made this smoothie bowl during the week. I didn’t want to blend a bunch of fancy stuff together, but I didn’t feel like eating just cherries either so I compromised. And it turned out super!
A balanced, healthy breakfast can keep your energy going throughout the day, and also help boost your health if you eat the right things. This bowl is the right way to start your day. It also makes a great post-workout meal or mid-afternoon snack.
The ingredients in this recipe have nutrients to help improve sleep, immunity, metabolism, heart health and digestion. I’ve listed the nutrition and health benefits below the recipe.
Cherry kale protein smoothie for 2
- 1 +1/2 cup fresh or frozen pitted cherries
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup of chopped kale
- 1 +1/2 cup of almond milk
- 1 scoop vegan, gluten-free vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Clean
- 1/4 cup cherries
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1/4 cup blackberries
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- Tablespoon of gluten-free oats
- Teaspoon of chia seeds
- Small handful of slivered coconut
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 507 (without toppings: 343)
- Fat: 15g (without toppings: 4g)
- Carbohydrates: 72g (without toppings: 56 g)
- Protein: 32g (without toppings: 28g)