I like when experimentation goes well! The inspiration for this smoothie bowl came from Instagram. I challenged myself (because I’m annoying that way) to make a smoothie that I saw posted from a friend I follow. It looked amazing and she had a chai latte with it, so I thought I’d combine the two! The one she posted was pink and blue, but I didn’t have enough blueberries to add the two colors.
I’ve made a vanilla chai smoothie bowl before and loved it. This one is a little creamier, especially if you make the version that is not vegan. However, I have no idea how that one tastes since I can’t have dairy. I just made up this recipe, so if anyone tries the non-vegan version, please let me know what it needs!
Some of the health benefits include supporting brain and heart health, digestion, and weight and type 2 diabetes management.
Have a wonderful day!
Vanilla chai latte smoothie bowl
- 1/2 – 1 cup of raspberries (use 1/2 a cup if you want it less sweet)
- Small banana cut into large chunks
- 1 cup almond milk, or regular milk
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder, I use Vega Sport
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- If not vegan, add 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Handful of goji berries
- Handful of raspberries
- Handful of blueberries
- 1-2 teaspoons of coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon of gluten-free oats
- 1 teaspoon of raisins
- Mint leaves
Add all ingredients minus the toppings and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Nutritional information for 1 serving (based on brands used in the recipe)
- Calories: 597 (without toppings: 362)
- Fat: 9.5g (without toppings: 5 g)
- Carbohydrates: 70g (without toppings: 45g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 32g)