These days, my creativity seems to be coming in smoothie bowl form. But I’m satisfied for now because they taste splendiferous and I’m sure it will come out in other forms again one day! Ok, I’m not sure why the word splendiferous popped into my head but “really good” didn’t seem to cover it. A while ago, I posted My version of the super bowl. Well, this one I think tops it! There isn’t much of a debate in my mind because it blends two of my favorite flavors together, chocolate and banana. What more do I need?
Some of the health benefits include helping to improve brain and heart functioning, improving skin and boosting your mood.
Cacao banana smoothie super bowl
- 1 chopped banana
- 1.5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon chocolate vegan protein powder, I use Vega brand
- 1.5 cups almond milk
- Coconut flakes
- Chia seeds
Add all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve immediately.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 486 (without toppings: 343)
- Fat: 11g (without toppings: 2g)
- Carbohydrates: 66g (without toppings: 56 g)
- Protein: 35g (without toppings: 30 g)