I was looking for something super healthy and tasty to kick off my morning, and I think I found it in my apple pomegranate acai smoothie bowl. It’s vegan, gluten-free and high in protein as a bonus!
The health benefits of the acai alone include helping weight management, heart and skin health, and digestion; boosts immunity, energy, and mental functioning. The fact that it tastes good is just icing on the cake. Well now I can’t get icing or cake out of my head…a new smoothie recipe is brewing!
I’m writing a short and sweet intro today since it is the weekend and my recipe might not be at the top of your list for the day! Have a wonderful weekend!
Apple pomegranate acai smoothie bowl recipe
- 1 scoop of vanilla protein powder; I use Vega Sport, it’s vegan, gluten-free and high in protein
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or water
- 2 tablespoons pure pomegranate juice or fresh pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon acai powder or 2 tablespoons of acai juice
- 1 sweet apple cored and chopped
- 1 apple, chopped, diced or halved
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add the toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 470 (without toppings: 302)
- Fat: 7.5g (without toppings: 3g)
- Carbohydrates: 68g (without toppings: 38g)
- Protein: 33.5g (without toppings: 30g)