I prefer to simmer my pasta sauce for at least two hours to get the flavors to blend well. Sometimes that kind of time isn’t possible, so I found that this spaghetti and asparagus recipe I came up with tastes like the sauce did simmer for much longer.
Some of the health benefits of this recipe included improved blood pressure, cholesterol, and immunity, and helps reduce stress
Gluten-free spaghetti and asparagus recipe
Makes: 4 servings
Total time: 35 minutes, cook time: 25 minutes, prep time: 10 minutes (if marinating the meat, add in sitting time for the marinade)
- 540g boneless skinless chicken breast or firm tofu cut into chunks
- 1 package gluten-free spaghetti
- 10 Roma tomatoes and 2 handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup of cremini mushrooms diced
- 1 cup asparagus chopped
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1/2 cup basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 1 cup Pinot Grigio
- Cook the pasta according to the package.
- Marinate the chicken in 1/2 tablespoon of olive oil and all other ingredients for a minimum of 10 minutes; preferably a minimum of an hour.
- Warm remaining olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the marinated chicken and cook until chicken or tofu is almost cooked through and browned, for about 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the asparagus and cook until the asparagus is just tender and chicken is fully cooked; about 10 minutes. If you’re using tofu, you can cook it for less time, about 5 minutes.
- Stir the chicken or tofu mixture into the pasta, and mix well. Let sit for about 5 minutes and then serve.
Approximate nutritional information for 1 serving (Based on brands and amounts used in the recipe)
- Calories: 362.83
- Fat: 8 g
- Carbs: 59 g
- Protein: 26 g
- Calories: 525
- Fat: 12 g
- Carbs: 59 g
- Protein: 35 g