Is kicking dessert butt a thing? Because if it’s not, it should be. Anyway, as a person who has to eat gluten-free and dairy-free, dessert is something I lost some interest in a little while ago; before there were plenty of options. If I have to intake empty calories – yes I’m saying “have to” even though twisting my rubber arm is easy to do – I prefer Prosecco over cake.
But, I like to change it up a bit and looked for something different than cake, brownies, cupcakes or donuts (seriously, I wanted a donut as soon as I typed that). I love fruit and had heard of watermelon pizza, so I thought I’d give it a try.
Like traditional dessert, it has some fat, carbs, and calories, but it also comes with health benefits! The ingredients in this recipe can help with disease prevention and anti-aging, lower blood pressure and can help with depression, intestinal health, and allergies.
Watermelon pizza recipe
- Total time: 10-15 minutes
- Serves: 6
- 2 small, or 1 large watermelon, sliced 1.5 inches thick
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1 cup strawberries
- 2 small oranges
- 1/2 cup coconut whipped cream, see my recipe for it
- 4 tablespoons cacao sauce, see my recipe for it
- Fresh mint, for garnish
- Optional: Handful of your choice of nuts
- Spread the coconut whipped cream onto each slice of watermelon
- Top it with berries and pecans and drizzle with cacao sauce
- Add mint garnish and serve immediately.
Approximate nutritional value per slice
- Calories: 310
- Fat: 10.5g
- Carbohydrates: 65g
- Protein: 10g