It’s Father’s Day so I think it’s time for chocolate! This vegan, gluten-free smoothie bowl is as healthy as it is tasty. The ingredients can help you boost your metabolism and immunity, lower blood pressure and cholesterol and help with digestion.
Happy Father’s Day!!
Chocolate banana smoothie bowl
- 2 ripe, frozen, sliced bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond, coconut or soy milk
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed unsweetened orange juice
- 1 scoop chocolate vegan protein powder, I use Vega Clean
- 2 tablespoon raw cacao nibs
- 1/2 banana
- Handful of peanuts
- 1/4 cup of shaved coconut
- 1 tablespoons raw cacao powder
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 507 (without toppings: 343)
- Fat: 15g (without toppings: 2g)
- Carbohydrates: 72g (without toppings: 56 g)
- Protein: 35g (without toppings: 30 g)