So, I’m not going to lie, I haven’t had apple pie in years so I don’t know if this really tastes anything remotely close to it. But in my mind it does!
Some of the health benefits of this recipe include helping with skin, hair and intestinal health, support weight loss, boost immunity and have anti-aging properties.
Apple pie smoothie bowl recipe
- Makes: 1 serving
- Total time: 10 minutes
- 1-1.5 medium red apples diced, skin off or on
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Sport
- 1.5 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1-1.5 cups almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1/2 apple sliced, raw or baked (you can bake more and eat them separately as chips later!)
- Handful of chia seeds
- Handful of flax seeds
- Handful of sunflower seeds
Combine all ingredients into a blender and purée until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands used in this recipe)
- Calories: 611 (without toppings: 422)
- Fat: 19.5g (without toppings: 9g)
- Carbohydrates: 61g (without toppings: 36g)
- Protein: 37g (without toppings: 33g)