Can a person survive on smoothie bowls alone? I’m not sure, but at some point I might be willing to try! Actually, who am I fooling, I can’t imagine what I would do without potatoes and pasta. But, the smoothie bowls I’ve been making have been so tasty and healthy, I’m curious to know.
Get a bounty of protein and deliciousness with this vegan and gluten-free strawberry smoothie bowl. It’s healthy to boot! The strawberries alone help boost immunity for disease prevention and help with depression, intestinal health, and allergies.
I’ve listed the full health benefits and nutrition below the recipe.
Strawberry protein smoothie bowl recipe
- 1 – 1.5 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vanilla vegan protein powder
- 2 cups almond milk
- 1/4 cup gluten-free granola
- 1/4 cup raspberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon almonds, slivered
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon sunflower seeds
- 1/4 peach sliced
Add all ingredients minus toppings into a blender and puree until smooth. Add toppings and serve.
Approximate nutrition information for one serving size (Based on brands and amounts used in this recipe)
- Calories: 460.5 (without toppings: 248)
- Fat: 15.5g (without toppings: 5g)
- Carbohydrates: 58g (without toppings: 16 g)
- Protein: 40 g (without toppings: 32 g)
Some health benefits
- Strawberries: Boosts immunity for disease prevention, helps with depression, intestinal health, and allergies.
- Chia seeds: Boosts immunity for disease prevention, helps with depression, and intestinal and heart health.
- Peaches: Boost immunity, help clear skin and fight heat stroke, support digestive, eye and heart health, and have potassium to help with hangovers.
- Blueberries: Have the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit for disease prevention and anti-aging; they also help lower blood pressure improving heart health.
- Raspberries: Improve blood pressure, cholesterol, and immunity, and help reduce stress.
- Almonds: Lower blood sugar, blood pressure, and cholesterol levels, and promote weight loss.
- Sunflower seeds: Can reduce the severity of asthma, lower high blood pressure, and prevent migraine headaches as well as acts as an anti-inflammatory.
- Pumpkin: Helps manage diabetes, heart disease, and promotes healthy skin and hair, increased energy, and weight management.
- Protein, carbs and fat: The are key building blocks for your body’s functioning.