I’m not 100% sure what A-1 really means in terms of how you feel, but I know this smoothie bowl has all the ingredients to help you feel your best. It’s yummy on top of it and full of healthy things to support digestion, weight loss, heart health and boost immunity.
I listed the nutritional value and health benefits below the recipe.
Cleansing detox smoothie bowl recipe
- 1 cup of almond or coconut milk
- 1/2 cup green iced tea
- 1 cup spinach and kale mix
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 1/3 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder, I use Vega Sport
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa, cooled
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- 1 tablespoon shaved coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- Handful of blueberries
- 1/4 cup of blackberries
- Mint leaves
Combine all ingredients in a blender and purée until smooth. Serve immediately.
Nutritional value for 1 serving (based on brands used in this recipe)
- Calories: 540 (without toppings: 372)
- Fat: 17 g (without toppings: 13 g)
- Carbohydrates: 66g (without toppings: 50g)
- Protein: 38g (without toppings: 33g)
Some health benefits
- Lemon: Helps improve skin, digestion, and ulcers; also used for eye care and respiratory disorders.
- Coconut: Supports skin and hair health, weight loss, and helps fight infections..
- Kale/Spinach: Supports healthy skin, hair and bones, as well as healthy digestion and a reduced risk of heart disease.
- Avocado: Supports digestion, weight loss and heart health, they are also good for hangovers because of the potassium to help dehydration.
- Blueberries: Have the highest antioxidant capacities of all fruit for disease prevention and anti-aging; they also help lower blood pressure improving heart health.
- Chia seeds: Boosts immunity for disease prevention, helps with depression, and intestinal and heart health.
- Quinoa: Is an antioxidant and helps with intestinal health
- Protein, carbs and fat: Key building blocks for your body’s functioning.